Jessica Leake
It's Thanksgiving! The blog has been neglected, and I have a lot to be thankful for, so I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone :). 

2011 has been a fabulous year for me--both personally and in my writing. So behold, a list of 11 amazing blessings:
  1. My healthy, beautiful son was born to my husband and me in June.
  2. My husband was ridiculously supportive and is pretty much the best husband and father. EVER.
  3. I had an easy pregnancy--I actually liked being pregnant! 
  4. I prayed every single day: for my baby, and for the delivery to be as painless as possible. And it actually was!
  5.  My son is meeting milestones left and right--he also started sleeping through the night at 10 weeks old. 
  6. My maternity leave was a magical time full of baby bonding and writing, reading, and editing. Probably the best 3 months of my life. 
  7. WriteOnCon! I learned so, so much, and I received some of the best advice on my MS.
  8.  My new critique partners, Mandie Baxter & Jamie Manning! With their help, I've become obsessed with more active on Twitter, which has enabled me to enter countless awesome contests and get pub tips straight from lit agents. 
  9.  Working with my cousin on this blog (even though we've both been neglecting it--boo work!)
  10. Getting four requests so far for my MS!!
  11. Getting into Authoress' Baker's Dozen Auction!!


Happy Thanksgiving from Anson :)



7 Responses
  1. Abby Fowers Says:

    Love the pic and love your list of blessings. I love taking time to remember all the things I am thankful for. Your list is amazing. Happy Thanksgiving :)


  2. Thank you so much, Abby! I'm glad you liked his little turkey--he worked hard on it while Mommy was at work ;). Happy Thanksgiving to you too!


  3. Tamara Says:

    You got in to Baker's Dozen??? CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

    And I didn't know all that extra stuff about you. Congrats on the bub, and lucky you for having it relatively easy :D


  4. Thanks, Tamara!! I was SO excited about the auction. Very nervous about Dec. 6th!


  5. Congrats on the Baker's Dozen!!! Fantastic news. You certainly have been blessed lately and well-deserved.


  6. Thanks, Claire!! :) Hopefully you can stop by & comment when it goes up--it's changed a lot since you read and I'd love your opinion!


  7. Aw!!! :0) So grateful for you too! And baby boys are the best!!! :0) And WOO HOO for the Bakers Dozen entry. Can't wait to see how it goes!